Sunday, October 28, 2012

BLOG NUMBER 3

The next week when I arrived at the Lydia home I was helping a little boy named Davonte with reading.  I got to help him read some stories and also did some math homework.  After we finished doing the homework we got to go outside and play with the kids.  While being out there I noticed different things on how the kids were acting.  I was able to tell by the kids verbal and nonverbal communication if they wanted to play.  Some kids were really comfortable and just came up and asked me.  Some other kids would throw the ball towards me to try and get my attention and have me then make the first move asking if they wanted to play catch with a football or kick the soccer ball.  While the kids were acting this way I was able to relate back to class about what we talked about when it came to nonverbal and verbal communication.

During that day at the Lydia home, I learned that every kid is different.  I learned that some kids will get very comfortable with you and just come up and talked to you when others need to be asked.  I believe the kids acted this way because of the way they were grown up in there homes.  The Lydia home was a good day and every time I go i learn something new that is helpful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment